Monday, January 19, 2009

Heavenbound

My precious grandfather went to be with the Lord last night around 9:30. He was 90 years old. My grandfather was born on August 18th, 1918. He was married on June 18th, had his first child on April 18th (my mom), and died on January 18th. The 18th must have been a special number to him. He was a great man, husband, father, grandfather, and great grandfather. He was a pastor for many years and played a very big part in my salvation and walk with Jesus Christ. He has set such a great example for so many to follow and is leaving behind his wife of 56 years. He played a part in Brock and I's wedding day (pictures below). He will be buried in the suit he married us in (also married my mom in the same suit). He will be missed.

1984

My grandfather taught me how to play the trombone which I played for 11 years. I have his first trombone that he got when he was 19. (yeah, yeah, funny picture of me but had to share).
1989

Our wedding day 4/16/2005








No comments: