Sunday, September 27, 2009

My little fish

I finally broke down and bought the biggest box of gold fish I could find. My kids eat these like they are going out of style. Reece likes to pick up the big box herself. It's almost as big as her. I told her if she doesn't stop eating goldfish, she might turn into one!


Some things Reece is really into these days is playing dress up, watching videos/movies, and talking...and talking...and oh, talking. She is quite the conversationalist. She often gets in her dress up gear and tells me she is going places like "sales", "church", and the neighbors. She is fascinated with pregnant bellies and God/Jesus. Two funny conversations that happened recently...in the car on the way home from Target (where she saw a pregnant lady) she says "mommy...lady gonna poop out that baby and it's gonna hurt". This is when I realized I probably tell her too much, that she remembers everything, and that she MIGHT repeat things like this in public. Glad this convo took place on our convoy home. She also got all dressed up in her dress up gear...you know the usual stuff like a hat, heels, 3 purses, and an old pearl necklace. She put her baby in the stroller and said "bye, mom, leaving". I said "where are you 2 off to?". She said "church...gonna hang with Jesus 'day". I was floored and also proud! She is very independent and even goes potty all by herself - at this point it's not really a good thing since she takes enough toilet paper for 5 people wads it up as small as a pea and then tries to wipe. When I ask her to go potty before we leave to go somewhere or before she goes to bed says "don't have to...just went". I am just surprised at how much she can say and understand.
As for the little man...

He is standing and pulling up on everything...got his 7th tooth this week...and turning one in a week and a half. I can't believe it. He's so big! He loves playing ball and being outside. He's a momma's boy too. He is starting to not like being dropped off places like the church nursery. I have already been paged a few times. We'll update his b-day pics after the party next Saturday.

No comments: