Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reece's first day of pre-school

Reece started pre-school this week (tuesday).  I really wasn't sure I wanted her to go this year but we kind of last minute got into the program at Normal West.  It's free and my neighbor who is a retired teacher from there highly recommended it.  We planned on sending her next year to a pre-school that has a spiritual side to it, but we didn't think it was necessary to send her two years ($) with all the other activities she is in where she is learning and socializing.  Since this was free and worked out with our schedule, we decided to give it a shot.  Her schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9-11.  Now Tuesdays she is suppose to go with me to Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) from 9 to 11 instead, but as of yet, she and Brody have not gotten into the children's program.  Still praying about this!!

I noticed recently that was Reece was getting bored and either getting into trouble around here or starting a fight with Brody.  So I thought this might be good for her and provide some structure.  So far I have seen improvement in her behavior just in the 2 days she has gone.  When she comes home she is so excited to see us and says how much she missed us.  She is very loving and tells me she loves me very much!  On the way home from her first day of school she said "Mommy, when I get home I am going to give you a big hug and kiss because I am so proud of you and love you so much".  I said "Wow, you're proud of me?  What did I do?"  She said "You sent me to school and I love you so much for it".  I say for that reason alone, send your kid to school!! :)  I guess it's like the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder". 

Here she is so proud on her first day of school 


No comments: