Saturday, July 23, 2011

Birth of my Doula business!

Finally it's done...my new name...my new webite...the "birth" of my new doula business!  I know it has taken awhile but I was truly waiting on God and His perfect (but usually slow and teaching-me-something) timing!  This summer, I have been learning how to listen to my spirtual gut.  This time, it was telling me to sit and wait for Him.  I wasn't sure why.  I was thinking I was waiting on a potential business partner but then it finally happened.  He had the perfect name picked out for me and I had to attend my summer bible study to discover it.  The name and new doula business will be called (drum roll please)....

Advent Birth ~ Doula Services

What?  That wasn't on the facebook name contest...where did you come up with it?  I see you weren't reading the above paragraph and you just wanted to find out what the name was!  It's sort of a long story but God revealed it to me during my bible study this summer called "Faithful, Abundant, True" with Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer, and Beth Moore (duh, she's my fave).  Here's the sort of the story behind the name (this is also a copy of my first post from my new business blog @ http://www.adventbirth.blogspot.com/):  The blog isn't completely done.  I am waiting on a couple more testimonies and a neat logo.  Is anyone up for the challenge on helping me create logo?  Blogs are so boring - I am not coming up with anything but plain fonts, titles, etc.  I need help!

Advent means an arrival or coming, especially one which is awaited. We all know that a birth of a baby is a much awaited arrival!


Advent also represents Christ coming into the world. The first advent was Christ's birth. The second advent will be Christ's return, in which I am anxiously awaiting. We are currently living in the in between time (in between the two advents) in which we are feeling all the birth pains leading up to his second coming. These "birth pains" are documented in the bible. Matthew 24 explains the circumstantial "birth pains" we will go through while 2 Timothy 3 prepares us for relational "birth pains". As time goes on and the birth pains get closer together, we are getting futher along on that kingdom calendar between the two advents. We're getting closer to the second coming of Christ than the first coming of Christ. As we grow closer and closer to the day of all days, we will experience more pain (Beth Moore). But just as in the birthing process, joy is just around the corner. John 16:21-22 says "It will be like a woman suffering the pains of labor. When her child is born, her anguish gives way to joy because she has brought a new baby into the world. So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice and no one can rob you of that joy.."

I believe that there is a God. He is the God who created birth. Who can deny that something so marvelous was created by God? He created a painful birth as a result to the first sin in the garden of Eden committed by Eve - the very first woman. He's the same God who provides away out of sin and pain- the cross by which His son Jesus died for all of us to be saved. He said birth would be painful but he didn't say He wouldn't provide a way out. A doula is a helpful way out of the painful birth exerience. See my post on "What is a doula?" here to find out more!

Please like my face book page also at Advent Birth Doula Services!

No comments: