Thursday, October 27, 2011

A beautiful morning for a photo shoot

The area where I live would be a photographer's dream.  There are so many unique and beautiful places to shoot and I keep discovering more.  I don't consider myself a photographer (FAR from that) but its still awesome to have great pictures in these settings without having to travel.  I have so many creative ideas to try that I have been dying to do since long before getting the new camera.  And honestly I have tried them before but didn't get the results I was looking for.  You see, it's really about the camera and the lens you use in order to capture a great picture.  It isn't me...yes, there is a creative side to photography, but I do believe anyone can take a great picture if they have a great lens...good "models" help too!  My kids are tired of me getting them all dolled up to try and get the perfect shot of them.  This is why I don't think I could be a photographer...I am too much of a perfectionist! 
So this morning we went out to capture some great moments and pictures...several meltdowns and technical difficulties later....we didn't do so bad.

Some of these pics were taken about 2 blocks away on an old farm and some were taken in the empty lot behind us (diagonal) - this lot is for sale by the way.  It would be a great lot to build a house on!  We did have our neighbor take a few of our family in that old lot but since they might be what's on our Christmas card, I am not going to share them yet. 

This is an old grain silo...










No comments: