Wednesday, August 27, 2008

33 week appointment

I had my 33 week appointment today. Reece got to tag along for the first time and meet all the doctors. She is such a social butterfly. So...I was having contractions all day yesterday and through the night too. I was up at 3:30 this am and am super tired now (can't wait for Reece to nap this afternoon). The contractions were every 10 to 20 minutes and were 20 to 30 seconds long. I told the nurse practioner (this is who I usually see) and she was a bit concerned and wanted to "check" me. Apparently I am already 50% effaced...not dilated yet though. She wants me to keep a watch on these contractions and if they are getting longer in length like 40 to 60 seconds and 4 an hour, they want to see me. For now she said when I have them I should lay down and drink water. She said if they change at all from the way they have been (longer, hurt more, etc), they want to know. Otherwise I am to go back in 2 weeks (35 weeks) on Sept 11th. She also wants me to have another sonogram because apparently the measurements were way off on the one I had 2 weeks ago. Having another one should help for accuracy and they should be able to schedule something at that point. She said according to the records the sonographer documented, the baby's head is measuring 4 weeks ahead (if you know my husband's family well, you know this is probably normal...Reece's head has always been in the 90th%...poor girl)...the baby's stomach is measuring 2 weeks ahead, and the leg was measuring a week behind...as is my stomach. She thinks it was a little off due to the baby being breach and the fact that I am carrying deep (which explains the low back pain and recent nightly heartburn). The sonographer had a hard time measuring the leg due to it being breach so this makes sense to me. So in 2 weeks it's another sono and hopefully a real date of delivery!!! And we are pretty sure the baby is no longer breach so hopefully we will be able to get better measurements.

Everything else is going fine...baby's heartbeat was 133.

No comments: