Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Potty on the Potty

Today after lunch I got Reece down from her high chair. She squatted like before she goes... well...number 2...so I asked her if she had to go potty. She shook her head no. I said "let's go poo poo on the potty" all excited-like and I ran to the bathroom. She chased me in there and so I pulled off her pants and diaper and sat her on the potty. I said "go poo poo on the potty". She grunted and I laughed. She stood up and much to my surprise was a big giant poop (I thought the grunt was well...let's just say an impersonation)! I screamed with delight and she turned and looked at it and immediately started crying. I was cheering and kissing and hugging her and telling her what a big girl she was (I was crying too but of joy). I was soooo delighted that I scared the crap out of her - no pun intended! But eventually she cheered too especially when I showed her that she actually gets toilet paper when she goes! Now I am sure this is just short lived and it won't be the end of diapers for Reece but hey, it's a pretty good start especially since she went number 2 which most kids don't do for awhile on the potty. After her nap I asked her if she wanted to go potty on the potty and she cried again but clapped too. I was going to post the picture of the first "potty on the potty" but I thought you all might not enjoy it as much as I. And yes, I watch too much "John and Kate plus 8" not to mention how sleeped deprived and emotional I am right now!

No comments: