Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chicken Chili recipe

With the weather getting colder, I have been in the mood for chili.  One day I looked around my to see what kinds of ingredients I had and then I searched pinterest to see if I could find some good recipes.  I found 2 different recipes that had black beans in them (one was like a taco and one was chili)...so I combined the two and came up with this chicken chili recipe which was pretty good.  I thought I would post it on here.  I believe this is my first recipe post!

Here are the ingredients:
  • 1 can of diced tomatos with liquid
  • 1 can of chicken broth
  • 2 to 3 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of onions
  • 1 cup of yellow peppers
  • 1 can of black beans with liquid
  • 1 can of corn with liquid
  • 1 cup of sweet salsa (I used Red Cactus - America's sweet which you can find at sams)
  • 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon of cumin
  • 2 teaspoons of chili powder
  • Salt and peper to taste
  • I also added some pureed sweet potato - about 1/2 cup but you don't have to!
  • Also can garnish with cilantro and/or avocado, cheese, sour cream, and fritos!
First thing I did was cooked the chicken in the skillet with some oil.  I didn't cook it fully because I didn't want it to dry out in the crockpot. 
Next, I shredded the chicken in the food processor

While the chicken is cooking, put some oil in a small pan and cook the onion, garlic and green pepper until soft. 


"Dump" everything in the crockpot and cook on low for a few hours.

No comments: