Monday, June 15, 2015

Meal Monday: Chicken Lasagna

This is not healthy but soooo good.  One of my favorites from when I was a kid.  Shared it with my neighbors, they loved it and asked for the recipe!   I need to find a way to transform it into a healthier version.

Chicken Lasagna

One cup cream style cottage cheese (I use regular) 4 ounce cream cheese soften one can cream of mushroom soup one can cream of celery soup 1 cup frozen cut up broccoli (optional) 1 teaspoon minced dried onion (I used a real onion) 10 lasagna noodles 4th teaspoon dried oregano 3 cups chicken or turkey chopped and cooked 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded 1/3 cup chicken broth
Stir together cottage cheese and cream cheese. Add soup broccoli, celery, onion,oregano, chicken, and broth. Set aside. Start with thick layer of chicken mixture on bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Place five uncooked lasagna noodles then layer chicken mixture and cheese then another layer of noodles and another layer of chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 60 to 65 minutes. Uncover for 15 minutes and let stand for 15 minutes.



No comments: