Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Danvers Days

This past weekend was Danvers Days.  If you don't know what that is, it's a small town less than 10 miles from us who was having their yearly parade, carnival and other festivities.  In the morning, I ran my first 5K!  That was pretty fun!  The kids were there with daddy cheering me on as I crossed the finish line.  I think I got my best time which was 24.30 (7.54 min/mile).  I was shocked when I got to mile one marker and the timer shouting out times said 7:45 for my first mile.  I wish I had some pictures of that but all I got was one of me after the race when I was tired and sweaty....so I'll pass on sharing that one.  Maybe next time!  I might do another one in the fall.

In the afternoon, the kids and I participated in the parade on the Rader Farms Pumpkin Patch float.  It was HOT.  Then we went over and the let the kids go on a couple of rides before going home. 


Singing something...

No comments: