Saturday, May 30, 2015

Meal Plan #5!

I sort of fell off the wagon on planning my meals which meals I sort of fell of the wagon on eating well.  So I decided to plan again for this week!  Easy! Only took a couple of hours.



Meal 1:

Shakeology with fruit.  My favorite is vegan chocolate with 1/2 banana, ice, Peanut butter, almond or cashew milk. OR vegan tropical strawberry with 1/2 banana, OJ, almond milk/water, Ice.

Meal 2:

2 turkey sausage links, side of fruit.  Variety is best. I washed up all my fruit and divided it all out.  Plenty left for the kids for the week.  I am doing cherries, apples, peaches, mixed berries.

Meal 3:

Grilled Chicken with steamed veggies and brown rice/quinoa mix.  Grilled all my chicken today with 2 pieces left for the kids.  See recipe here

Meal 4:

Red, White and Blue Salad with Poppy Seed dressing.  See recipe here

Meal 5:

I haven't made these yet so I don't have any pictures (stay tuned later this week) but I do have my ingredients that you can see in the picture.  My guess is we will have enough to have left overs, having each meal twice through the week.

Monday: One Pot Taco Casserole (recipe below) - 1 cup is approx 320 calories
Tuesday: Slower Cooker Egg Casserole (recipe below) - 1 cup is approx 340 calories
Wednesday: One Pot Taco Casserole
Thursday: Slower Cooker Egg Casserole


One-Pot Taco Casserole (adapted from my fitness pal)
Ingredients
  • 2 pounds lean ground turkey
  • 1 (15 ounce) can of corn, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 3/4 cups cooked) (I made my own from a big bag of dry beans)
  • 1.5 cups restaurant-style salsa, I use my own homemade salsa
  • 1/2 large onion
  • 1 tablespoons taco seasoning (I make my own see here)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together ground meat, diced onion, and salsa. Then, season with taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
  3. Place mixture into a large casserole dish. Then, pour on a can of black beans and corn.
  4. Bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes. Use a large spoon to remove and grease that has come to the top. Sprinkle on cheese, place back in the oven for about 30 more minutes. Remove any more grease that has come to the top.
  5. Serve with hard shell tacos, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and avocado.
Nutrition Information
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Per serving: Calories: 316; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 94mg; Sodium: 734mg; Total Carbohydrate: 25g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 5g; Protein: 28g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 333mg; Vitamin A: 9%; Vitamin C: 9%; Calcium: 11%; Iron: 15%

Slow Cooker Egg & Hashbrown Casserole 
Ingredients
  • 20 ounce bag frozen, shredded hash browns 
  • 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped (I used a pound of pork sausage we got locally)
  • 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
  • 6 green onions, sliced thin
  • 12 eggs (I buy local eggs)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Cooking oil (to lightly coat slow cooker)
Directions
Lightly grease your slow cooker with cooking oil. Layer half of the hash browns into the bottom and top with half the bacon, half the cheese, and one-third of the green onions. Set aside some bacon and green onion for garnish and then repeat with a second layer of hash brown, bacon, cheese and onion.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and slowly pour over top. Cook until eggs are set, approximately 2-3 hours on high, or 4-5 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining bacon and onions on top and serve immediately, with or without hot sauce.
Nutrition Information
Serves: 8 |  Serving Size: approx. 6 ounces (approx. 1 cup)
Per serving: Calories: 342; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Monounsaturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 357mg; Sodium: 648mg; Carbohydrate: 14g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 2g; Protein 21g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 472mg; Iron: 12%; Vitamin A: 21%; Vitamin C: 14%; Calcium: 27% 

No comments: