We travel all summer long and its key to have a ton of healthy snacks to keep us from stopping and getting unhealthy ones. Here are some of my favorite go to on the road snacks:
1) Fruit - blueberries, grapes, or apple are best for the road. They are easy and not messy!
2) Nut butter and jelly sandwich - doesn't need to be refrigerated to taste good and keeps you full with the protein of any kind of nut butter and Ezekiel bread.
3) Nuts or seeds - cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds. Give you the saltiness of chips and keeps you full.
4) Shakeology packets - dump in a shaker cup with water! Not as good as having a blender and some special ingredients to add but gets the job done.
5) Eggs - hard boiled are easy to take on the road - make sure you peel them before you leave!
6) Carrots and hummus
7) Homemade energy bars or energy balls - (click for recipe). These don't have bunch of fillers and you know exactly what goes into them because you made them!
8) Veggies - Any veggies are easy to take as long as you wash and cut them and bag the before you hit the road.
9) Roasted Chick peas - see recipe here
10) Baked Chips or Popcorn - not the best option on the list but better than regular chips!