Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Couponing

Some of you may have heard that my new found love and challenge in my life is couponing. Some of you have been asking questions about where I get the info on good deals, where I shop, etc. I cannot take credit for my knowledge in this area. In November, I took a class through a lady in town. You can find her info on www.retirewithcoupons.com. It is well worth the money to learn all the tricks, store policies, etc. I also use several websites that do all the coupon match ups for me...so I really don't do much of the work on my own. For me personally, I want the deals that are the best deals - which to me are free or cost next to nothing. If buying something with a coupon is not cheaper than Aldi, I won't buy it (unless Aldi doesn't carry it or I don't like Aldi's version). Some items I got last week are: 4 FREE cans of Oust air freshner, .25 cent toothpaste (Colgate), .69 cent Juicy Juice, $1.49 hair color, and the best one is Walgreens paid me a $1 by purchasing Neosporin lip balm. So, it is really worth it. Some sites I review daily are www.hip2save.com and www.agentcoupon.com. I also like www.attentiontargetshoppers.com. There are many many sites out there. The sites I use are the ones I feel have prices and stores that closely match ours. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but I didn't want to recreate the wheel that some "pros" out there have already created. Many people out there have created some great sources/sites for this info.

One deal I did find this week that I haven't seen on any sites is on hair color at CVS. This is something I use to never do on my own until I saw how easy and cheaper it is to do at home! Of course I didn't start coloring my hair until about 6 months ago when I discovered many gray hairs!! YIKES! Okay...so hair color at CVS. They have Natural Instincts hair color on sale for 5.99...by purchasing it, you get $2.00 off your next purchase (which can be done same day - just separate transactions)...so we're down to 3.99. Then the Sunday paper has a $2.00 off coupon for the same brand bringing it down to $1.99!!!

Happy shopping!!

4 comments:

amber said...

Kyle is going to love it when I tell him you were talking about Aldi! :-)

Lindsay Bauer said...

I love ALDI! I buy everything there unless I can get it cheaper or free with a coupon somewhere else!! Milk at our Aldi has been 1.99 which is the cheapest I have seen in town!

Tammy said...

Here's another one...
http://sweetdeals4moms.blogspot.com/

ADULTGUY said...

Great blog