Monday, June 14, 2010

Michigan City, Indiana Vacation Day 1

We made it to Michigan City, Indiana yesterday around 3.  Neither of my kids took a nap for the whole 3 hour car ride and they were such excellent car riders.  Everyone had fun playing the first night and everyone went to bed just perfectly.  I was up at 4am in a quiet house of 10 people.  I drank my coffee on the screened in back porch and did my quiet time there.  It was so peaceful.  Jodi and I went for a run up the beachwalk up to the beach and down the shoreline.  It was really neat. 

Here's the first morning with the kids eating their cereal.






Here is the back side of the house which faces a cool park that the kids love playing at.  We can literally sit on the porch and watch the kids play.  That is what I call vacation!





Here is the park...it has a fun zip line!




At Washington Park Zoo..."ROAR!!"

In the Eagle's Nest



Monkey around...
Lions and Tigers and BEARS

Feed the birds for a dollar...and a priceless reaction
Much better...
Mimi and Jodi went to the outlets after we got all the kids down for naps.  Tomorrow Jill and I get to go!  All the kids are getting up from naps now which means we have about 2 more hours with 4 less helping hands!  Hope we can survive!!

No comments: