I liked this one below better of Brock and I but the 2nd one below was a better one overall of the whole family. They were also edited in two different ways...I like them both for different reasons but still really don't know what I am doing! :) In fact the 2nd one on this post was edited by my sister in law because I screwed it up too bad! I'll mention also that these were taking with my camera by a neighbor in the lot behind our house. You can see our garage in the photo if you look hard enough!
Christmas Letter 2011:
Greetings Friends and Family!
My Christmas letter last year ended with us praying and asking for better wisdom in parenting and obedient children in 2011. While neither of those things happened until more recently, my reading material and spare time in 2011 was focused on reading child discipline/parenting books or attending parenting classes/seminars. All the while we prayed a lot and relied on God’s strength and wisdom in parenting. I am here again this year to pass onto you our proudest, most hilarious, and/or weakest parenting teaching moments of 2011.
· (Stating the obvious) On Valentine’s day upon receiving flowers from daddy I asked “Who do you think brought me these flowers?” Reece said “The mailman!” (Feb)
· (Learning colors) When going through colors with Brody, I got to green and asked “What’s this color?” and his response was “John Deere” (Feb)
· (Growing up) Reece was crying about career day at school, saying “I don’t want to be anything when I grow up…I just want to be a little girl” (Feb)
· (Teaching eternity) On the way home from school as she was staring into the clouds “Mommy, I’m going to go to heaven someday and meet Jesus. But how do we get there?” (Mar)
· (Teaching salvation) Me: "Do you know why in that song they say " ‘He conquered the grave’?" Reece: "Because He died on the cross and didn't go to the grave." Me: "Where did he go instead?" Reece: "To JAIL -Hooray!" (Oct)
· (Teaching figures of speech) After telling Brody I’d love to be in his shoes, he responded with “Okay, mom…my shoes outside.” (April)
· (Realities of sarcasm) Brody went to bed without brushing his teeth, crying Reece says “If Brody doesn’t brush his teeth, they will all fall out!” (July)
We continually pray for parenting wisdom and protection over us and our children. We daily pray for their salvation, tenderheartedness, and obedience. Here’s to continued strength and love from above for the next year to come as we rely on God’s help to bring our children up with discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord (Eph 6:4). We know that no discipline is enjoyable while it is happening-it’s painful for all involved. But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained by it (Hebrews 12:11). We look forward to that blessing! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family!
~Brock, Lindsay, Reece (4.5), & Brody (3)