Monday, January 7, 2013

Update about me


So what have I been up to this fall/winter?  Well, as the picture shows, I did a lot of cooking.  I did enough cooking by the beginning of October that I still have not had to cook a meal...I did a little cooking around the holidays but all our meals I have been getting out of the freezer!  It has been so wonderful with all the other stuff we have been going on.  I have another week or so of freezer meals and then I will be back to either cooking each week or doing another monthly bulk session.  Haven't decided what I will do yet.

At the beginning of November I taught a cooking class at my church on bulk/freezer cooking.  It went really well!  I have been bulking cooking for around 5 years or so and I still swear by it as a way to help out in our busy lives yet still being able to eat well.  This works well for even busy single, widowed, or empty nesters and I proved that with my class.  There were a variety of class attenders of around 50 people! If I get some time in the next couple of days after all my other updates, I will share some things from that class.

I have used many cookbooks including freezer cookbooks, but now I am using a site called "Once a month Mom".  The title is misleading though because anyone can do this.  She has it set up where you put in the number in your family and it adjusts the grocery list, recipes, etc.  It's so awesome to just print out a monthly grocery list and go to the store and get what I need for all my meals for my family.

Other than this and homeschooling, I did a couple of births (as a doula) and just a lot of running around.  Taking Brody to school 3 times a week, going to Awana on Wednesdays, dance on Thursdays, Nutcracker practices (which is now over), MOMS group, and where ever else we all want to go.  I have been watching a little girl here and there also still.  I have been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing as usual and currently we are in the middle of the a remodel to our downstairs bathroom...pics and post to come later on that one.  I re-did a "nook" in our bedroom and also have a new collage on my living room wall!  I love winter for catching up on the inside of our house.

I also took several families photos this fall.  I am not doing the business thing, just like taking photos for people and I have a pretty nice camera and several lenses.  Here are a few families that I took:







This little nook in our bedroom had nothing in it...maybe at one time it had a rocking chair. So I got this chair a few months ago and put certain things on my Christmas list to complete it.  I hope to read up here at some point but it hasn't happened yet.


I had a frame party in October and ordered some new frames for our living room.  My friend and her husband make these and have their own business called One39 Frames.  Not sure they have a website address but you can find them on facebook!  I don't really update the house stuff too much other than what we have to for maintenence, so I was pretty excited to have a new look in here.


I have also been doing some coaching through Beachbody.  I haven't done much with it but wanted the discount on all the work out stuff.  I had been running for 3 years and my body really couldn't handle it anymore and I was bored and burnt out with it.  So I borrowed P90X from a friend over the summer and really liked it.  I wanted more cardio and really loved the shakeology so I joined to get the discount and my neighbor and I split the package and the Turbo Fire workout.  I am loving turbo fire and started week 13 today.  I can't believe I have been doing this over 3 month already!!  So if you ever need anything from Beachbody, let me know!  My coach id is linze2979.

No comments: