Sunday, February 8, 2015

Meal Plan #2 (21 day fix approved)

I got most of this meal plan from Amanda Meixner.  She has her own blog under Running Wild.  I made a few adjustments but overall, used her grocery list and meal ideas.  This is meal planning at it's simplest.  I spent around $150 on groceries (of course I bought additional things that were not on this list) and it took me about 3 hours to complete this. 


Starting in the back:
Meal 1 : Shakeology (in my cookie jar) with almond milk and PB2.
Meal 2: Three egg “muffins” (She mixes 1 whole egg with 4 egg whites, mushrooms and bell peppers, then bakes them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes).
Meal 3 (Mon/Wed/Fri): 4 oz grilled chicken seasoned with herbed sea salt (she uses Garlic Lovers FlavorGod), ½ cup sweet potato, and 1 cup broccoli and cauliflower mix (I boiled and measured out). I used just a herbed sea salt.
Meal 3 (Tues/Thurs): 4 oz ground turkey seasoned with Everything Spicy FlavorGod (I used other spices), ½ cup quinoa and brown rice blend, and mix of sautéed asparagus, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms.
Meal 4: 4 oz baked trout (I used tilapia) seasoned with herbed sea salt and EVOO (she uses Lemon and Garlic FlavorGod), Spinach salad (she does 1 cup sautéed kale), and a Fuji apple.
Meal 5: (M) Salmon with 1 cup of mixed veggies (T/H) chicken Sausage  with 1 cup of mixed Veggies(W/F) turkey burgers with 1 cup of mixed veggies,...you could also do chicken with veggies.
My family will eat the salmon on Monday, left over steak from the weekend, and something from the freezer that I have already prepared for them.

If you are looking at it being 21 day fix friendly...here is how it turns out. (keep in mind she gives you more meals with protein, but smaller portions - 4oz as opposed to 6oz)

Green - 5; Red 4 1/2, Purple - 1, Yellow - 2; Blue 0, orange 0, 2 teaspoons (at least of oil).  I will add fruit to my smoothie and that will put me at 2 purples which is what I need.  If I get hungry I have nuts and sunflower seeds I can use for my orange.  And for blue...I will probably add a little cheese to my eggs or add some avocado to my spinach salad to make for a creamier dressing.



Grocery List:
• 5 packets Shakeology
• 1 carton unsweetened almond milk
• 1 jar of PB2
• 12 oz sweet potatoes
• 3 red bell peppers
• 2 bags pre-cut white mushrooms
• 1 onion
• 1 small bag of spinach
• 1 large bag of kale
• 2 zucchini
• 16 oz asparagus
• 1 bag of broccoli
• 5 cups broccoli and cauliflower mix
• 5 organic apples
• Half dozen eggs
• 2 cartons egg whites
• 24 oz chicken
• 8 oz ground turkey (my package was 16oz)
• 4 oz salmon
• 20 oz trout or tilapia
• 4 oz chicken sausage (my package was 12 oz)
• 1–2 turkey burger patties
• 1 box Near East quinoa brown rice blend (I bought a bag of brown rice and a bag of quinoa and cooked them separately and then measured them out)
• FlavorGod seasoning combo pack - she gets this here
• Olive oil
She uses special divider containers...You can find them here

No comments: